Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Vonage? Crapage.

I'm disappointed today. Last Wednesday, we ordered Vonage. Vonage is a voice over internet protocol (VOIP) phone service, which offers free unlimited calling to anywhere in the US, Canada, and several European countries. I noticed a few annoyances while ordering my service on the phone with a guy in the Philipines. I'm only writing about one of my Vonage annoyances, though. I was told Wednesday night that I would receive my Vonage phone adapter in 3 business days. Wednesday to Thursday, 1. Thursday to Friday, 2. Friday to Monday, 3. Monday to Tuesday, 4. I've been checking online to see the status of my shipment. It says "pending shipping," which says to me, that my phone adapter has NOT left the building. Dad started complaining to me earlier today about it, so I decided to call Vonage and see what the problem was. "Oh there is not a tracking number for your phone adapter, but it has been sent out. We need to escalate the issue so that your order can be expedited. We will call UPS for you and find out the problem and then notify you when we have more information." I don't understand how on my account it can say "Pending Shipping," as well as there not be a tracking number, yet they blame it on UPS. Secondly, I asked when I can expect a call about it, and they said tomorrow. TOMMOROW? This is not acceptable. They should overnight an adapter NOW. I should have had this hooked up and working YESTERDAY. To call me tomorrow just to let me know I still don't have the thing is a slap in the face. If this is the start of a pattern of Vonage's excellent service, we won't be using them for long. This is costing us money. Firstly, our 60 day trial is burning away, and secondly, we're still having to use our old phone to make long distance calls. We still have to pay for area plus to make calls to surrounding towns at no cost. Vonage has dropped the ball here, and I'm frankly upset about it.

No comments: